What you should know about Bitcoin as an investment and store of value before the next major financial crisis now.
Last Update July 15th, 2018 Welcome to Smart Bitcoin Investments! If you want to find out more about BTC financial services including Bitcoin IRA Reviews, Rollovers, Marketplaces, Exchanges, Wallets, and Knowledge, you’ve come to the right place.
We are here to make your Bitcoin Investment decisions (and life) a bit easier, so grab a cup of coffee, sit back and read on about the best way to plan for your financial future.
On this page, you will find absolutely everything you need to know about investing in Bitcoin – also known as The Internet Of Money or Digital Gold.
- What Is Bitcoin?
- How Safe is Bitcoin?
- Bitcoin Can’t Possibly Be The Greatest Form Of Money Ever Invented….. Can It?
- Why Bitcoin Is A Smart Investment Strategy
- Getting Started With A Bitcoin Investment
- Why Choose a Bitcoin IRA?
- The Best Cryptocurrency IRA Companies Reviewed
- #1. Regal Assets
- #2. BitcoinIRA
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What Is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is a global currency. It works the same in every country around the world. The Bitcoin symbol (BTC) is the same everywhere.
Bitcoin is essentially “free market” money in the sense that it has purchasing power in its own unique way. This money is a purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash which allows online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution.
Check out the original Bitcoin whitepaper by Satoshi Nakamoto if you want to learn more about the fundamentals of Bitcoin and the Blockchain technology.
How Safe is Bitcoin?
Because Bitcoin is a decentralized currency, it allows anyone to accept a private digital transfer of value from anyone else in the world instantly. So, instead of sending your money through a remittance service like Western Union or a third party such as a Bank or even PayPal, this transaction system is uniquely peer-to-peer.
Bitcoin is the same digital currency across borders and can be converted into nearly any local fiat currency or precious metal on request.
With little to no transaction fees, no debt and the ability to receive your payments within seconds, what’s not to like?
The best way to invest in Bitcoin without worrying about the volatility of the price is a long-term investment. Thanks to the Blockchain and cryptography, Bitcoin cannot be managed or manipulated by a central organization.
Bitcoin Can’t Possibly Be The Greatest Form Of Money Ever Invented….. Can It?
Bitcoin is the first cryptographically secured currency of its kind and will continue to garner the lion’s share of the media attention.
The potential of Bitcoin to shape the global economy is immense.
The currency has the potential to take on the remittance market and come out on top in every aspect.
Remember, it only takes an instant to send money from one end of the world to another. So, if a traveler visiting the islands of Japan runs out of Yen, they will be able to convert their Bitcoin to their local fiat currency within seconds.
Bitcoin has already helped people during a financial crisis. In Greece and on Cyprus, it has been used as a hedge to store and transfer value between individuals.
Bitcoin is inflation proof. The payments are instant and safe from the control of a centralized government. In unbanked and underbanked regions of the world, people completely skip ownership of money inside a bank and instead participate in the transfer of encrypted peer-to-peer banking through digital currencies such as Bitcoin on smartphones.
Why Bitcoin Is A Smart Investment Strategy
Here at Smart Bitcoin Investments, we understand the history of money very well. We also understand the importance of protecting your family’s hard-earned investments (and peace of mind) in the case of a financial crisis.
Over the past 50 years, consumers went from using cash to pay for goods and services to using bank and credit cards. Mobile payments are the next evolutionary step, but they are still linked to your bank account.
If the free market – which is made up by all of the Bitcoin users around the world – decided that the new Bitcoin price should not be U.S. $250, but U.S. $10,000, no central authority can say this cannot happen.
Bitcoin is one of the very few transparent and borderless digital currencies that can both lose value – like fiat currency, and gain significant value – like precious metals.
Getting Started With A Bitcoin Investment
Step 1: Obtain Bitcoin
Bitcoin is not only an investment vehicle – it is a full bred currency with many uses.
There are three ways to obtain Bitcoin: purchase it, mine it or trade for it.
Bitcoin mining is the trickiest of the three, so to start with it’s best to go ahead and purchase your first Bitcoins from a BTC marketplace such as LocalBitcoins or an exchange like Coinbase or Changelly.
Step 2: Choose A Secure Bitcoin Wallet For Cloud & Cold Storage
After you purchase Bitcoin, you will want to immediately transfer it over to a Bitcoin Wallet to keep it safe.
Bitcoin wallets range from mobile to cloud and desktop wallets. Here is a great resource for choosing a secure Bitcoin wallet by Bitcoin.org.
Once you acquire enough coins that losing them would be painful, you should move them to an offline wallet – a method commonly referred to as cold storage.
You could compare it to a bank moving customer funds into a vault rather than keeping it at the bank teller desk. Cold wallets range in type from paper to hardware wallets which can be stored on a USB drive or dedicated hardware wallet. All it takes is a Bitcoin wallet address, which can be sent using a QR code. A cold storage wallet ensures that your Bitcoins stay safe and accessible in the event of a hack, electrical meltdown or Internet outage. The only way to access Bitcoins inside cold storage and transfer coins between individuals would be to use a private key.
Side note: Most of the news stories about Bitcoin getting “hacked” are false. The Bitcoin network itself is decentralized, with no point of failure – much like the Internet – meaning, it’s impossible to hack. What you should really look out for are Bitcoin marketplaces & services getting hacked, such as the case with Mt. Gox in 2011.
“Did You Know? A $200 INVESTMENT IN BITCOIN IN 2011 WOULD BE WORTH $1,450,604 USD TODAY!”
Why Choose a Bitcoin IRA?
A Bitcoin IRA, or Individual Retirement Account, is a personal financial plan which provides investors with a method of investing in the BTC market. Many Boomers desire a private pension plan that is backed by safety in the event of a crisis, and the Bitcoin IRA offers a robust and accessible solution. The IRS provides a list of investments one can make in an IRA.
If you invest your IRA in collectibles, the amount invested is considered distributed in the year invested and you may have to pay a 10% additional tax on early distributions.
Here are some examples of collectibles:
- Precious Metals
As a tangible asset, Bitcoin has historically held a value and an appeal that is unmatched by any other tradable good or commodity. It is universally recognized as a secure and trusted store of private wealth and is regarded favorably as a secure safe haven for investors during periods of instability or uncertainty.
Every collectible invested in through an IRA enjoys the same tax advantages as any other Individual Retirement Account.
Other Things To Know About Bitcoin:
- The supply is limited. Only 21 million Bitcoin can ever be mined.
- Bitcoin user adoption is on the rise and growing steadily on Google Trends.
- Just like Gold, Bitcoin’s value does not correlate with the dollar and tends to move opposite to stocks & bonds.
- IRS approves Bitcoin as a form of currency.
- Has the potential to become the best form of money ever invented.
The Simple Stress-Free 4 Step Bitcoin IRA Rollover Process
2. Set up your account in 24 hours
3. Fund your account
4. Put your Wallet in Cold Storage
“Three eras of currency: Commodity based, e.g. Gold. Politically based, e.g. Dollar. Math based, e.g. Bitcoin.” – Chris Dixon, Co-Founder of Hunch
The Best Cryptocurrency IRA Companies Reviewed
#1. Regal Assets
Regal Assets is a company well known amongst investors for its precious metal and Gold IRA. Recently they have expanded their services to allow cryptocurrency investments. They currently offer two programs:
The Regal Wallet program enables U.S. investors with an IRA to invest in Bitcoins and/or any other cryptocurrency of their choosing.
The Regal Cryptos program grants international investors the ability to make cash investments in the cryptocurrency of their choosing (minimum $5,000).
Why Invest With Regal Assets?
- The highest rating profile in the precious metal industry for 7 years in a row.
- The only company to offer investors the benefit of both an offline wallet and cold storage. Unlike a cloud wallet, an offline wallet is completely theftproof and hackerproof. Cold storage ensures that your cryptocurrency assets are as secure as Gold assets in a well-guarded vault.
- Your crypto investment is protected in the case of a physical or natural disaster and secure from computer crashes, malware, spyware or viruses.
- Easily access your Bitcoins with private keys which are safely stored in an impenetrable offshore vault located in a crypto-friendly jurisdiction.
- All cryptocurrency investments are fully insured with the Lloyd’s of London.
- Featured in Forbes, Smart Money, and The Huffington Post.
Summary: Remember to always do your due diligence as an investor, however, it seems that Regal Assets has developed a virtually flawless process for long-term Bitcoin investments. We recommend the Regal Assets company only for the serious investor who is considering an investment in cryptocurrency or a 401k to Bitcoin IRA rollover. Regal Cryptos is now available for international investors to safely invest in Bitcoin (BTC), Ripple (XRP), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Stellar (XLM), Ethereum Classic (ETC), Zcash (ZEC), and others.
Regal Assets Company Information:
Address: 200 West Highway 6, 4th Floor Waco, TX 76712
Country: United States
USA Investors: www.regalwallet.com
International Investors: www.regalcryptos.com
Gold IRA: www.regalassets.com
Years in Business: 7 Years
Regal Assets is a proud member of the BBB and BCA and holds the highest rating a company can obtain from the BBB and BCA. Regal Assets has been a featured member of the BCA due to their high level of customer service. With a 5 star out of 5-star customer service review and over 711 reviews, Regal Assets has earned a preferred membership status with TrustLink. Inc. Magazine has ranked Regal Assets No. 20 in the United States for financial services landing Regal Assets on the Inc. Magazine 500 List, an exclusive ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. As an industry leader, Regal Assets has attracted the support and business of prominent figures and celebrities including Alan Thicke, Dennis Miller, Laura Ingraham, Jerry Doyle, Lars Larson and Alan Colmes. Regal Assets has been featured in Smart Money, Forbes, Market Watch, Reuters, The Street, And the Hollywood Reporter.
Disclosure: The owners of this website may be paid for sales or leads generated from recommendations or links to various investment opportunities. We strongly recommend seeking the advice of your financial adviser before making any investment.
“Bitcoin is a techno tour de force.” – Bill Gates, Founder Of Microsoft
Bitcoin IRA is the first and only full-service solution that gives investors in the United States the ability to invest in Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, and Ethereum Classic with an IRA, Roth IRA, SEP IRA, SIMPLE IRA, 403b, or 401k into a self-directed Bitcoin IRA account. Their mission is to help smart investors achieve their goals by making the complex process simpler and safer by being fully transparent and straightforward.
Why Invest With BitcoinIRA?
- Walk you through the process from start to finish.
- Easily roll over funds from an existing IRA, Roth IRA, SEP IRA, SIMPLE IRA, 403b, or 401k into a self-directed Bitcoin or Ethereum IRA account.
- Your investment is protected by a 3-keyed “Cold Storage” IRA wallet exclusive to Bitcoin IRA, powered by BitGo – the leader in multi-signature encryption technology.
- One-time fee for complete services of setting up your account, rolling over funds, executing the exchange, and securing your funds.
- Discover how the process works with a free Bitcoin IRA guide.
- Freedom to choose your portfolio % between Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, Ripple, ZCash, Stellar Lumens and more.
- Investment is licensed, bonded and fully insured for up to $1 million dollars with Lloyds of London.
Summary: BitcoinIRA is a one-of-a-kind investment opportunity. Those with existing IRA’s or 401k’s will find a plethora of options available for a retirement portfolio. Not only will you get to decide what you want in your custom portfolio, but you will have a specialist to walk you through every step of the way. With a $20k minimum requirement BitcoinIRA is a great company for investors who want to set up a simplified cryptocurrency portfolio. There is a full-service cash solution available as well.
BitcoinIRA Company Information:
Address: 15303 Ventura Blvd., Suite 1060 Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
Country: United States
Phone: +1 (877) 936-7175
Disclaimer: Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are a very speculative investment and involve a high degree of risk. Investors must have the financial ability, sophistication/experience and willingness to bear the risks of an investment, and a potential total loss of their investment. Information provided by Bitcoin IRA is not intended to be, nor should it be construed or used as investment, tax or legal advice, a recommendation, or an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, an interest in cryptocurrency. An investment in cryptocurrency with Bitcoin IRA is not suitable for all investors.
• An investor could lose all or a substantial portion of his/her investment in cryptocurrency.
• An investment in cryptocurrency should be discretionary capital set aside strictly for speculative purposes.
• An investment in cryptocurrency is not suitable or desirable for all investors.
• Cryptocurrency has limited operating history or performance.
• Fees and expenses associated with a cryptocurrency investment may be substantial.
The above summary is not a complete list of the risks and other important disclosures involved in investing in cryptocurrency. Any investment in cryptocurrency is subject to all the reviews, risks and disclosures set forth in the Customer Transaction Agreement and other definitive customer agreements.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
With a finite amount of Bitcoin available for mining, its value is determined by the market rules of demand and supply.
Thus, as the demand for this finite cryptocurrency increases, so will its value over the long term when compared to currencies that can be printed endlessly.
Considering the way the economy of money works, the decreasing value of the Fiat dollar due to inflation and also the current Gold price can affect the value of Bitcoin in a number of ways as well.
"Since 1913, the U.S. Dollar has lost 98% of its purchasing power." Smith, Michael (2012, January 23). Dollar Devaluation since 1913. Retrieved from: https://comparegoldandsilverprices.com/news/economics-101/dollar-devaluation-since-1913/
For those investors who practice diversification, the pure fact that Bitcoin is a hedge against the dollar gives it weight as an investment.
Here are some of the cryptocurrencies you can invest in through a Bitcoin IRA:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ripple (XRP)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Stellar (XLM)
- Ethereum Classic (ETC)
- Zcash (ZEC)
- Roth IRA
- Traditional IRA
- SEP IRA
- Pension plans
- Various annuity plans
- TSP (Thrift Savings Plans)
- With Regal Assets, your private keys are generated offline within a hardware wallet and stored in a private and secure facility monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Regal Assets provides cold storage in an impenetrable offshore vault located in a crypto-friendly jurisdiction. Multisig is optional.
- With Bitcoin IRA, enlisting the help of BitGo - the leader in multi-signature encryption technology, your private keys are secured by a 3-keyed “Cold Storage” IRA wallet. Three unique keys are generated to ensure maximum security. These are kept with: (1) Your digital wallet, BitGo (2) Your Bitcoin IRA custodian, Kingdom Trust (3) Your backup key provider, Keytern.al. Additional layers of security including ID verification and voice confirmation are needed to execute a trade.
The following factors should be considered before hiring a custodian:
- Are they accredited with the BBB (Better Business Bureau)?
- How many years of experience do they have?
- In case of a physical disaster or emergency, how can I access my funds?
- What kind of asset preservation program do they have?
- Will you have your own representative or hotline should any questions arise?